When I had enough for my classroom I taped them. Then punched 3 holes.
Then I placed them at the table with 3 pieces of yarn and en outraged them to insert the yarn in the holes. Only 2 of my students did it. So I ended up making most of them.
Then I folded them in accordion. During circle I gave one the each child as we were singing 'Good morning' to everyone.
I instructed them to fold and hide the carrot in their fist. And I sang (on the tune of 'A little seed') :
A carrot seed for me to sow
Some green leaves begin to grow
(I get the leaves out)
A little sun
(I wave my other hand in circle motion)
Water the pot
(Pretend to water the fist)
A little wait
(Show hand upright to stop and sway silently)
And then a carrot
(We open our hand)
Success
My friends liked it and we did it every day for a week.
The activity is in relation to the book "A carrot seed".


Comments
Post a Comment