Skip to main content

How to draw a penguin, for toddlers

 


HOW TO DRAW A PENGUIN, FOR TODDLERS
I'm not an artist, if I can do it, so can you.  I prefer sitting at the table and draw an imperfect one then printing a perfect one.  When I'm sitting at the children table I keep on interacting with them and they find me entertaining.  If it takes several attempts,  no big deal.


1. Draw an oval the size you want your penguin(s) to be, with a black marker.

2. Inside the oval, draw 2 ovals for the eyes, with a circle for the pupils.

3. Make a triangle in the middle of the big oval.

4.  Make an oval in the lower part of the body, starting at the triangle and ending on the other side of it.

5.  Draw 2 webbed orange feet on each side, sticking out.  They don't have to be perfect or exactly the same, your toddlers don't ask you that.

6. Color the beak yellow.

7. Color in black around the eyes, the beak and the belly.  Add 2 flippers on either side.

My "kids" liked to see me doing them.

I laminated them and used them for a math activity during the Penguin lesson : 
https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/first-week-of-january.html

also for a cognitive activity (symbolic representation) when we played with the igloo we made:
https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/02/igloo-craft-for-toddlers.html

Another math activity (number operations),  1 penguin + 1 penguin = 2 penguins: 

Here they are again when we played with white stuff in the sensory table, 


I encourage you to draw with the kids, most of us draw like a 12 years old because it's when we stopped.  Start over and you'll grow from there and if the result is funny then have a laugh 😃. 

Happy drawing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensory table with white stuff in it

  SENSORY TABLE WITH WHITE STUFF IN IT  Measurement (math) activity (Cognitive) for toddlers  If you don't have a sensory table you can use trays or any shallow containers.  We put rice, cornstarch and salt.  We used it for measurement activity and during centers time for Initiative.  It always a popular one in my classroom.

S'more book for toddlers

 S'more book for toddlers A print concepts activity I had so much fun doing this project during nap.  I'd like to encourage you to draw even if you think you are bad at it.  Most of us draw like a 12 years old because it is when we stopped. I saw on pinterest a similar book but it was for preschool therefore too advanced for my kids so I came up with this one.  I Google hazelnut drawing and to my surprise I found something and same thing with marsmallow fluff.  I chose the simplest one and tried to replicated it.  Well I'm happy with the result. The coloring part was fun too.   

Arctic animals, one week lesson olan for toddlers

 Arctic Animals  One week lesson plan for toddlers Monday Language and Literacy  (Literacy) Flip and Flop by Dawn Apperley  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/communication-activities-for-toddlers.html Fine motor Cuting fishes drawn on strips of paper to feed the penguin tomorrow  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/fine-motor-activities.html Art Penguin  Cognition   (Counting and Cardinality) Couting penguins If you want to know more about my cognitive activities, click the link below: https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/cognitive-activities-for-toddlers.html If you are intimidated about drawing I encourage you to give this penguin a try, click on the link below for clear instructions:  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/02/how-to-draw-penguin.html Social and Emotional  (Sense of self) Bringing each child to the mirror with a wet wipes and asking them to wash their face themself after eating. Click the link below for more information about my Soc