Skip to main content

Walrus craft for toddlers

 

Walrus craft for toddlers
While having veggie straws for snack, one of my toddler students put two of them in his mouth and was showing them off.  We told him he looked like a walrus and that was the inspiration for the craft.  

I am not an artist.  If I can do that so can you.  It is just a circle for the head, two somewhat ovals, 4 flipper legs, 2 eyes (I don't like googly eyes, they don't stick well and they are a choking hazard for toddlers), two veggie straws and a big black "mustache".  We made it purple like in the book: "Polar bear, polar bear, what do you hear?"

There you have it, have fun with your little ones!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curling, gross motor and social activity for toddlers

    CURLING  Winter Gross motor and Social activity for toddlers Supplies : - Empty bleach container -Utility knife  - Duct tape - Long piece of white paper - Red and blue construction paper - Glue stick  Preparation : Wash the bleach container, cut off the middle part with an utility knife.  Keep 1 to 2 inches from the narrower part on top and cut at the bottom line of the bottom part so you can insert the top in the bottom.  Insert the top part in the bottom part and tape with duct tape. Cut 2 big rings of blue construction paper (as big as a 8 x 11 piece allows you) then 2 smaller red ones. Cut a long piece of white paper from a roll ( about 6 feet long).  Glue the rings at each end of the paper. Cover with a slightly bigger contact paper. How to play curling with the 2 years old : Just show them how to push the "stone" across the "ice" and try to make it go in the house (on the rings).  Give one a stone and one a little broom.  Let t...

The principles behind my lesson plans for a group of 8 toddlers

  THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND MY LESSON PLAN FOR A GROUP OF NINE TODDLERS My lesson plans are a tool to help the kids and me to have a good day.  When children are busy developing their skills, they are busy and happy.  It should never be something to stress about though.  The children under my care here and now are my priority at all time.  If i sweep the floor for example I keep an eye on the group at the same time and if a child needs directions or a fight happens I drop the broom and go assist them accordingly. Maybe it's a child climbing on the shelf, then I'd get the blocks out and sit them next to it.  If 2 children are fighting I might suggest they sit across one another and roll a vehicle to each other. If they are quiet during the day I might start to sit at the table and plan or prepare an art project but if the atmosphere of the classroom gets hectic I invite them to cut with me at the table or draw with me,  or dropping everything and march with...

Shape shamrock, math activity (geometry) for toddkers

  SHAPE SHAMROCK math activity (geometry) for toddlers I demonstrated how to make one then I give them 3 circles and 1 triangle and let them doing what they please.  The important think is that they hear the word circle when giving some then triangle, the rest is just for fun.