Skip to main content

Camping art for toddlers

 CAMPING ART FOR TODDLERS


Supplies:
- 1 black construction paper per child
- 2 construction papers cut in triangle (color of choice)  (I like to give each child the choice if the atmosphere of the classroom allows it)
- a bunch of brown paper strips
- at least 3 evergreen trees per child.

It was a week project for our class. First we peeled and applied star stickers on a black construction paper.  It is such a good and appreciated fine motor activity for toddlers.  Then I took a picture of them sitting in front of me.  It was a little bit of a challenge to make them looking at me and not move, then figure out the size of the picture. It has to be on the smaller size.

The child on the picture is not 2 yet and was not interested in making the tent so I made it for him.  When I showed him he gave me a beaming smile.  The goal of art at that age is more the appreciation of it so I knew my goal was met when I saw his reaction.  The other children loved making the tent.  They applied glue with a glue stick put the first triangle on top and "tap tap tap" (I always say that when pasting something so by now they do it too).  Then glue on the triangle then the cut out picture, glue around the picture then the triangle with a slit in the middle and the sides folded open to see the child.

Another day we cut with scissors and I cut the parts we would need next : brown little strips of paper, red, orange and yellow flames, and evergreen trees.  Of course I could have done leafy trees too but my kids needed to change of activity so the cutting stopped when they got restless. 

So during free play I took them one by one and help them to make the campfire.


Another day I gave them 3 trees and a glue stick and they handled that step pretty well on their own as a group activity. 


Here you have it.  I call it a successful activity. Everyone loved doing it and is proud of showing it to mom and dad.

If you are planing activities on camping theme you might be interested in my s'more book, click below to open and see :

https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2022/07/smore-book-for-toddlers.html



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sensory table with white stuff in it

  SENSORY TABLE WITH WHITE STUFF IN IT  Measurement (math) activity (Cognitive) for toddlers  If you don't have a sensory table you can use trays or any shallow containers.  We put rice, cornstarch and salt.  We used it for measurement activity and during centers time for Initiative.  It always a popular one in my classroom.

S'more book for toddlers

 S'more book for toddlers A print concepts activity I had so much fun doing this project during nap.  I'd like to encourage you to draw even if you think you are bad at it.  Most of us draw like a 12 years old because it is when we stopped. I saw on pinterest a similar book but it was for preschool therefore too advanced for my kids so I came up with this one.  I Google hazelnut drawing and to my surprise I found something and same thing with marsmallow fluff.  I chose the simplest one and tried to replicated it.  Well I'm happy with the result. The coloring part was fun too.   

Arctic animals, one week lesson olan for toddlers

 Arctic Animals  One week lesson plan for toddlers Monday Language and Literacy  (Literacy) Flip and Flop by Dawn Apperley  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/communication-activities-for-toddlers.html Fine motor Cuting fishes drawn on strips of paper to feed the penguin tomorrow  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/fine-motor-activities.html Art Penguin  Cognition   (Counting and Cardinality) Couting penguins If you want to know more about my cognitive activities, click the link below: https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/01/cognitive-activities-for-toddlers.html If you are intimidated about drawing I encourage you to give this penguin a try, click on the link below for clear instructions:  https://coachingtoddlers.blogspot.com/2021/02/how-to-draw-penguin.html Social and Emotional  (Sense of self) Bringing each child to the mirror with a wet wipes and asking them to wash their face themself after eating. Click the link below for more information about my Soc