Skip to main content

Is it Spring? One week art project for toddlers





IS IT SPRING?

One week art project for toddlers


Supplies:

- Light green construction paper

- brown construction paper 

- cotton swabs

- brown crayons

- Pink Watercolor or pink bingo dauber 

- Dark green construction paper

- Pink and/or yellow construction paper

First day :

We ripped some brown paper, encouraging and demonstrating to make long strips.


Then I gave my students a light green sheet of construction paper and a glue stick (helping them a little along the way).  Then I gave them a handful of cotton swabs and a brown crayons after I demonstrated to color the middle of them.

Then I spread some glue line around the tree trunk and instructed them to place the swabs on top and press for a few seconds.

Then my assistant helped them to dab a pink bingo dauber on each end of the swabs.

Second day:

I gave them the choice between a pink or yellow little square of construction paper and showed them, one by one, how to fold it in a 🔺️ then in a tulip by folding up the two lower corners. They were not able to do it but it gave me the opportunity to talk about square and triangle and pink and yellow.  I gave them a glue stick and asked them to spread a line of glue where they wanted the flower to be on their picture.  I gave them a stem that I cut out in advance and instructed to put on top of the glue and tap tap tap.  Then I put more glue on top of the stem and prompted to put the tulip (that I ended up folding) on top of the stem (again here's an opportunity to use new words).



They loved doing it, next we drew birds.




Oups! I don't know what happened to the tulip head 😀 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curling, gross motor and social activity for toddlers

    CURLING  Winter Gross motor and Social activity for toddlers Supplies : - Empty bleach container -Utility knife  - Duct tape - Long piece of white paper - Red and blue construction paper - Glue stick  Preparation : Wash the bleach container, cut off the middle part with an utility knife.  Keep 1 to 2 inches from the narrower part on top and cut at the bottom line of the bottom part so you can insert the top in the bottom.  Insert the top part in the bottom part and tape with duct tape. Cut 2 big rings of blue construction paper (as big as a 8 x 11 piece allows you) then 2 smaller red ones. Cut a long piece of white paper from a roll ( about 6 feet long).  Glue the rings at each end of the paper. Cover with a slightly bigger contact paper. How to play curling with the 2 years old : Just show them how to push the "stone" across the "ice" and try to make it go in the house (on the rings).  Give one a stone and one a little broom.  Let t...

The principles behind my lesson plans for a group of 8 toddlers

  THE PRINCIPLES BEHIND MY LESSON PLAN FOR A GROUP OF NINE TODDLERS My lesson plans are a tool to help the kids and me to have a good day.  When children are busy developing their skills, they are busy and happy.  It should never be something to stress about though.  The children under my care here and now are my priority at all time.  If i sweep the floor for example I keep an eye on the group at the same time and if a child needs directions or a fight happens I drop the broom and go assist them accordingly. Maybe it's a child climbing on the shelf, then I'd get the blocks out and sit them next to it.  If 2 children are fighting I might suggest they sit across one another and roll a vehicle to each other. If they are quiet during the day I might start to sit at the table and plan or prepare an art project but if the atmosphere of the classroom gets hectic I invite them to cut with me at the table or draw with me,  or dropping everything and march with...

Shape shamrock, math activity (geometry) for toddkers

  SHAPE SHAMROCK math activity (geometry) for toddlers I demonstrated how to make one then I give them 3 circles and 1 triangle and let them doing what they please.  The important think is that they hear the word circle when giving some then triangle, the rest is just for fun.